Skip All Navigation

Access Maine logo
Site Search:

Contact Us! Feedback


Access Maine does not list all provider agencies in Maine. Instead, we include sites that keep provider information up to date. On this page you can find links to Maine-based organizations that provide information about providers. If you have questions or comments about this page or would like to suggest other sites to be listed, let us know. Thanks!

CAP Agencies Tip Sheet (opens new window)

Case Management and Home Based Services for Children - This is a listing of providers in Maine that serve children. Choose your region and Home Agency or Case Management and it will show a listing including addresses and phone numbers.


Community Resources Southern Maine Parent Awareness - This is a community resource guide of social services and community organizations. Its primary focus is Southern Maine.


Goodwill Industries of Northern New England - Goodwill Industries of Northern New England helps people with disabilities live more independently. Our mission is “through employment, residential, educational and support services, Goodwill works to enhance the social and economic independence of people with disabilities and others who experience barriers to such independence”.


InfoLink - InfoLink is a free Information & Referral Service for seacoast New Hampshire and southern Maine. They connect people with community resources.


Ingraham - Ingraham provides Maine's only 24 hours/day, 7 days/week crisis hotline. They also offer a subscription to an on-line information and referral directory.


Link Maine - Link Maine includes a resource guide for services in Maine, legislative updates, a public computer locator, and current events listings.


Maine Information from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration - Just enter a Maine city or town and this page will list all the substance abuse treatment facilities near that location.


Maine Mental Health Resources - From the National Mental Health Information Center, this page lists over 200 facilities providing mental health services in Maine.


Maine Speech Language Hearing Association - Click on your county and this page will list the speech-language professional and audiologist in the county.


Mental Retardation - This is a listing of providers in Maine that serve persons with mental retardation. Choose the type of provider that you are looking for (Clinical/Ancillary Services, Employment Services, General Services, Housing Services, Program Services and Schooling Services) and the region of the State.


Pine Tree Society - This organization provides Maine children and adults with disabilities the opportunities and the means to create better lives for themselves and their families. Programs include ACAT (Assistive Technology and Augmentative Communication), Case Management Services, Pine Tree Camp and The Kids' Project adaptive equipment.


PROP - This is a local community action agency that addresses social, economic, educational, and health needs existing in Cumberland County. They can help with access to child care, health care, housing assistance, and other services to support low income Mainers.


RiverRidge - A brain injury facility located in Kennebunk, ME that serves adolescents and adults with brain injury in outpatient and residential/long-term care settings.


Service Tapestry Database - Developed by the Center for Community Inclusion. This is a searchable database of programs in Maine for youth in transition.


The Therapist InfoLine - A telephone line sponsored by Catholic Charities of Maine to locate a licensed therapist.
(800) 386-4096


UCP of Northeastern Maine - This agency provides services for people with a wide range of disabilities. Services include assistive technology, early intervention, respite care, social work, therapeutic recreation and case management. (The name of the agency was once United Cerebral Palsy of Maine, but has changed the name to UCP of Northeastern Maine to reflect the diverse populations it serves.)


Washington Hancock Community Agency - This is the community action program (CAP) for Washington and Hancock counties of Maine. They help a wide range of people through programs that include transportation, family and community services, and heating, utilities and rental assistance.

Back to top

Home | Living in the Community | Maine State System | Using the Internet
Health Center | Library & Glossary | Maine Store | Site Map