Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder are behavioral health conditions that any individual can live with. Problem gambling and tobacco use also fall into this category. Recognizing when these conditions exist and the need to get help is a sign of strength. Click on a category below to learn more about the resources for treatment and support in Maine to help you or someone you know who is living with Mental Health or Substance Use Disorder.
To begin searching for information on Behavioral Health Services, click on a category below.
Crisis Support Numbers
If you have a medical emergency call 9-1-1.
- Maine Crisis Line: 888-568-1112
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255)
- Sexual Assault Support: 1-800-871-7741
- Teen Text Line: Youth support on a variety of topics: 207-515-8398
- Intentional Peer Support Warmline: Support from those with lived experience with mental health conditions: 866-771-9276
- StrengthenME Helpline: Resources for those experiencing stress from the COVID-19 Pandemic: 207-221-8198
- The FrontLine WarmLine: Supports for health care workers and first responders: (207) 221-8196 or 866-367-4440