The safety of people living in Maine is highly valued and is the responsibility of everyone but unfortunately there are moments that youth and adults can become victims to abuse and/or neglect. There are services and supports available to help those individuals as well as others who may be affected.
To begin searching for information on safety and legal resources, click on a category below.
Crisis Support Numbers
If you have a medical emergency call 9-1-1.
- Maine Crisis Line: 888-568-1112
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255)
- Sexual Assault Support: 1-800-871-7741
- Teen Text Line: Youth support on a variety of topics: 207-515-8398
- Intentional Peer Support Warmline: Support from those with lived experience with mental health conditions: 866-771-9276
- StrengthenME Helpline: Resources for those experiencing stress from the COVID-19 Pandemic: 207-221-8198
- The FrontLine WarmLine: Supports for health care workers and first responders: (207) 221-8196 or 866-367-4440