Seeking support for mental health is just as important as caring for your physical health. Addressing mental health challenges can take a variety of forms, from short-term support for navigating life changes, to critical care for a mental health crisis, and long-term treatment for chronic mental illness. No matter what level of care you, or someone you may know, may need, there are resources available to support those struggling with issues related to mental health, and those who may be affected by someone else’s mental health.
Click on the resource categories below to learn more about the options for mental health treatment and support in Maine.
Crisis Support Numbers
If you have a medical emergency call 9-1-1.
- Maine Crisis Line: 888-568-1112
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255)
- Sexual Assault Support: 1-800-871-7741
- Teen Text Line: Youth support on a variety of topics: 207-515-8398
- Intentional Peer Support Warmline: Support from those with lived experience with mental health conditions: 866-771-9276
- StrengthenME Helpline: Resources for those experiencing stress from the COVID-19 Pandemic: 207-221-8198
- The FrontLine WarmLine: Supports for health care workers and first responders: (207) 221-8196 or 866-367-4440